Safety & Authorisation
SAFETY & AUTHORISATION
The team behind Oliver Furniture is not only designers, sales- and administration employees. We are all parents who share the same concerns about safety and health for our kids as many of our customers when buying furniture for our homes and especially for our kids´ rooms.
Therefore it has been very obvious to always think about safety and health when designing our furniture. Most of our furniture are designed to meet the EN-norms for safety.
In order to provide documentation for our approach to safety and health we have chosen to test our furniture by several different kinds of tests. We are testing our furniture under the production for toxics regularly. We use The Danish Technological Institute when we are testing for safety. We recommend all of our customers to read about safety for kids in the home on various internet sites.
TESTS ON SAFETY ARE MADE ON THE BASIS OF THE FOLLOWING SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
EN-norms for safety vary from furniture to furniture. The public authorities have not yet specified EN-norms on all furniture.
- Above mentioned items have all been tested at the Danish Technological Institute.
- EVAPORATION OF TOXICS FROM PAINT, WOOD AND WOODEN TOPS ARE MADE ON THE BASIS OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- The below mentioned standards are equal for all furniture made by Oliver Furniture.
- EN 71-3 / The European standard for safety on kids´ toys. (Test on evaporation of toxics on painted/lacquered surfaces.)
- REACH (english version from page 7) / EU list of possible substances which are under suspicion of causing cancer.
- REACH supplier self declaration
EN 717-1 / EMMISION FORMALDEHYD:
The entire copy of the various tests can be obtained at the retailer where the furniture is bought or directly from Oliver Furniture by sending a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most tests are also mentioned on different internet sites. We recommend www.taenk.dk